Friday, February 8, 2008

Some history and my fiber choices.

Every time I look at someone's progress I wonder who Sarah and Jane were so today I pulled my pattern out and read it. Amazing the amount of information one can come by by reading! Sarah was Hannah's sister and it is through her that we have the sampler. There is no mention of a Jane.

I've decided to go with DMC instead of a silk. I even gave GAST a thought, but don't have enough in my stash and I really want to pull as much from my stash and I can to do this. I have several natural hand-dyed fabrics to choose from and plan on doing a floss toss this weekend, perhaps while Melissa is visiting. I really want to go a brown and pink route, maybe a burgandy brown? We'll see.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing some of the history, Terri! I don't have my chart yet, so I had no idea about who they might be. I think that's one of the neatest things about repro samplers is learning about their history. I've often wondered what these young girls would think if they knew we were learning about them and repeating their stitches 200 years later. :-)