Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fibers

Welcome aboard, Carol!

Tracy and I were looking at options on Vikki's site last night when we were on the phone together. I found a few that I really love, so I'm torn over whether I want to use them or to go with my new favorite silks, Belle Soie by Sharon Crescent. I suppose a lot of it will depend upon which fabric I use.

Here are the colors that really appealed to me from Vikki's site. This is in order of preference without any thought of fabric color thus far. All of the colors except one included a motif sample stitched with the fiber. I've included those as well.

Examplar Moon-Called Sea - LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!

Motif Sample

Examplar Wattle 'n Daub

Motif Sample

Examplar Kindling



Examplar Fire Thorn

Motif sample

Fire Dragon Redux

Motif Sample

While I really LOVE the colors of the last two, especially Examplar Fire Thorn, the colors really don't go with my decor. I really find myself most drawn to Moon-Called Sea and Fire Thorn though.

I need to go through my fabrics and look at my options. I've been in a Lakeside Linen FOTM for the past year, so I have several gorgeous fat quarter options in 36- and 40-count. Any of them should work for this project. I ordered a skein of each of the colors above so I can do a floss toss on my fabrics to see if any of them will work with the fabrics I have. I really want to use a fabric from my stash for this project.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Lovely choices! I think I like Wattle 'n Daub best. I hear you about using fabric from my stash! LOL

Tracy said...

As you know, those are my 2 fav's as well (Moon Called Sea and Fire Thorn).

As for fabric, I honestly don't think I have anything that'll work for this. Shucks, I guess that means I'll hafta order something! :P

Carol R said...

It's such difficult choice with so many gorgeous colours :-)