Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fabric and floss update




I stitched a few 'test' pieces last night. The top one, which I gave up on as it 'disappeared' into the fabric, is Vicki Clayton's OMG Red (one strand) on the flax 36ct. The other fabric is 32ct lambswool and the 'snowflake' on the left is the OMG Red, one strand. The one on the right is two strands part in OMG Red and part in Imperialosity which gave much better coverage on 32ct.  I am going to do another test piece on some 36ct antique white from my stash with the Imperialosity and also order some 35ct lambswool.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you decided against the blue? I thought you were using the premium. I didn't realize her regular silks came on a spool! LOL

Carol R said...

I just checked the label and it says regular silk. I am using the red for Edgar's Quaker Friendship Round Robin. I have ordered 32ct lambswool for that one which I will stitch with 2 threads and 35ct for Hannah so I can stitch with one. I will test both blue and green when fabric arrives and also on the antique white 36ct I already have. I didn't realise how thin Vickie's silk was - not as thick as Au Ver a Soie or Needlepoint Inc - I was quite surprised. I toyed with the idea of stitching over one over one on 32ct!