Monday, March 24, 2008

They'reeeeeeee Off!

Woo Hoo! It's finally here! I've been chomping at the bit to start this project, so I'm glad today has finally arrived. I even got up a little bit early this morning so I could put in my first stitches on Hannah before leaving for work. Here's my very first progress photo (you can click on it for an even larger view):



I still don't think I'm capturing the color of the fabric that well in my photos. According to the Lakeside Linen site, the approximate DMC equivalent for it is 3024.

I'm heading over to my friend Nancy's house tonight for stitching/gab time. I brought Hannah along to work on her some more there as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I haven't even cut my fabric!

Mark has a tri club meeting this evening that I decided to skip so I'll get it done as soon as I get home.

And can I just say that I cannot believe you got out of bed early to stitch! LOL

Melissa said...

LOL! I know, that's definitely not like me, is it?!

Tracy said...

WOOHOO! I started tonight - got about 1 hr in. I started where you did - I have the A, B and C done, with half the D complete, and the line through the C as well. It's lookin' good.

Carol R said...

Oh wow you ladies have smokin' needles - still no sign of my floss - shall I return to my original choice? Will my thumb allow a little stitching?
Nice start Melissa - now where can I get one of those little fabric thingys to go round the edge of my q-snap?

Anonymous said...

Carol,

They're super easy to make. I'ts just a piece of fabric long enough to go around, and wide enough to cover the edges with some elastic sewn in.

I've been thinking of making some with the Blackbirds Designs' sampler fabric.

Melissa said...

Carol - the woman who made mine is no longer in business. As Terri said though, they're very easy to make. I could post the exact dimensions of the fabric if you'd like.

Carol R said...

Thanks guys but I'm no good with a sewing machine now. And to think I used to make dance costumes! I will surf around and see if I can buy one somewhere. I need to make a start on Hannah - if my alternative threads don't arrive in the next couple of days I am back to my first choice.